[Openstack] EC2 API (euca2ools) vs OpenStack API (novaclient)

Kevin Jackson kevin at linuxservices.co.uk
Mon Feb 6 09:48:16 UTC 2012

Thanks All,
@Jaypipes - I'm quickly coming to a point where I'm looking at
describing tasks using both nova client and euca2ools - its certainly
not a bad thing, the issue would be on simplicity (i.e. showing people
how things can be done vs you could do this or you could do that -
that choice bit leads to confusion).

I've been using nova client to get my environment off the ground, but
equally using the euca2ools to do some basic stuff like launch
instance (as per the hat-tip) has been going great - it was the
all-round integration that was the issue.

The clear thing it seems though is that its good to know that if I am
encountering issues that its not because I'm fighting a losing battle
with some design choices, there's a genuine reason and there will be
some fix, even if that fix gets resolved in the next few months.

I'll start making notes on the bugs and raise them as appropriate.

Cheers,

Kev

--
Kevin Jackson