[Openstack] Swift S3 with Keystone anyone?

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Mon Feb 6 01:56:32 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 19:03:54 +0900
Akira Yoshiyama <akirayoshiyama at gmail.com> wrote:

> I modified the wiki:
> http://wiki.openstack.org/Keystone-BP-S3Token
>
> I added authtoken in main pipeline just now.

I was unable to find the official configuration for "authtoken".
Since it's only a name of convention, I cannot even guess what
module is meant here.

Some people seem to use authtoken like this:

[filter:authtoken]
paste.filter_factory = keystone.middleware.auth_token:filter_factory
service_protocol = http
service_host = 127.0.0.1
service_port = 5000
auth_host = 127.0.0.1
auth_port = 35357
auth_protocol = http
auth_uri = http://127.0.0.1:5000/
admin_token = 999888777666
;Uncomment next line and check ip:port to use memcached to cache token requests
;memcache_hosts = 127.0.0.1:11211

Is it what you meant? If yes, what does it do in case of S3?
The diagram in the wiki does not mention it.

-- Pete