[Openstack] [Nova] Essex dead wood cutting

Armando Migliaccio Armando.Migliaccio at eu.citrix.com
Thu Feb 2 11:52:17 UTC 2012

To the best of my knowledge, the ESXi support is up to date. There may be bugs, but which virt driver is perfect ;)?

Sateesh may know more, because he is the main contributor/maintainer from Citrix.

However, as Vish pointed out in a previous email, any driver is doomed to rot if:

a) no one is deploying OpenStack using the specific driver, thus unveiling potential problems;
b) a pool of developers (not necessarily the first committer) keep the code up to date, increase functionality and test coverage (both unit and functional);

Clearly both xenapi and libvirt are actively developed and deployed. How about vmwareapi? Anyone?

Let's make sure that vmwareapi is not going to be the next one to bite the dust.

A.