[Openstack] [Nova] Essex dead wood cutting

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Feb 2 08:50:27 UTC 2012

Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
> We don't need support from microsoft specifically. What we need is one
> or more companies committed to:
>
> a) actually using the Hyper-V driver
> b) writing tests and fakes so that the existing functionality doesn't break
> c) providing test hardware and jenkins integration for functional testing
> d) adding new features to get the feature set closer to the level of the
> other drivers

I would add (e): maintaining the code in good shape over time. It's not
really something that can be fixed once per year, it's more a continuous
thing.

> The existing hyper-v code has been removed for Essex, but I would be
> more than happy to see it come back in Folsom if we can get some
> commitment around the above list.

In the mean time, it can certainly live as separate code until it
catches up with the above-stated requirements, given the way hypervisors
can be plugged into OpenStack.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack