[Openstack] Cannot create projects. Folsom on Centos 6.3

Julie Pichon jpichon at redhat.com
Thu Dec 27 17:25:07 UTC 2012

Hi Andrew,

"Andrew Holway" <a.holway at syseleven.de> wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2012, at 4:13 PM, Julie Pichon wrote:
>
> > I've seen something similar when the keystone default role defined
> > in Horizon doesn't actually exist in Keystone. The guide you link
> > to suggests changing the default role in Horizon to match the
> > OS_TENANT_NAME environment variable. Could you check that the
> > value of OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_DEFAULT_ROLE in
> > /etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings matches one of the role
> > names in the output of 'keystone role-list'?
>
> Hey,
>
> It is just Dashboard that seems to have the problem. I guess there is
> something strange with users and roles going on...
>
> /etc/openstack-dashboard/local_settings
> OPENSTACK_HOST = "controller"
> OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_URL = "http://%s:5000/v2.0" % OPENSTACK_HOST
> OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_DEFAULT_ROLE = "admin"

Thanks for all the extra information, which all looks correct to me... If you set "admin" or "memberRole" as OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_DEFAULT_ROLE and restart httpd, it should work. If you've restarted httpd since setting that config variable, I'm not sure why it's not. Sorry about that, hopefully someone else will be able to chime in and help figure out what could be the cause.

Regards,

Julie