[Openstack] Stopping Devstack from running

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 05:02:21 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Sankha Narayan Guria
<sankha93 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I had installed Devstack on my Ubuntu system from http://devstack.org/ and
> it runs everytime when I boot my system. Is there a way to stop that?
> Nothing is mentioned on their website.

The only bits of DevStack that are set to automatically run at boot
are the service packages provided by the OS such as Apache (as you
found), the database server (MySQL by default), the queue server
(rabbitmq by default) and tgt if you have cinder enabled..  Are you
saying that you get all of the services running in screen on boot?
That would mean that stack.sh or rejoin-stack.sh is being run by a
boot script and it shouldn't be.

Oddly enough there are a number of people that wish DevStack would
survive a reboot.  We actively discourage that to keep it from being
used for more than development.

dt

--

Dean Troyer