[Openstack] Blueprint proposal: Drop setuptools_git for including data/config files

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Dec 17 16:17:18 UTC 2012

Thomas Goirand wrote:
> [No pun intended, but it'd be nice if stackers had a bit more
> consideration for our work in Debian, and stop thinking only with
> Ubuntu, Ubuntu, Ubuntu, Ubuntu, Ubuntu, Ubuntu, ... in mind.]

There is nothing Ubuntu-specific in this. And nothing bzr-specific
either. Fedora uses the same process with success. I agree we can
improve the tooling so that it's a bit more flexible to various use
cases, but don't make it a question of supporting only Ubuntu vs. the
rest of the world. It's been a long time since we only supported Ubuntu.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack