[Openstack] Project : OpenStack on AWS

Pierre FREUND pierre.freund at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:54:02 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I would like to introduce a project I started few days ago.

The goal is to quickly build OpenStack environment with many servers,
network and storage on Amazon Web Services. It will only use templates for
Cloudformation/Heat. It can be interesting if you have to test something on
a powerful multi-node OpenStack platform in a short time.

The first proof of concept is done for swift. You can already create a
swift cluster with keystone, swift proxy and some nodes. You can choose the
number of zones and the amount of storage in template's parameters.
If you want to test, just open Cloudformation and launch the template on
Github. You'll have an example command in the output of your stack.

Templates are available on Github : https://github.com/Capashen/OSonAWS
Bugs are reported on Launchpad : https://bugs.launchpad.net/osonaws
(osonaws is for OpenStack on AWS)

And don't look at the code in the template, it's ugly I know, there is
still lot of work to do;)
I plan to do it for nova/cinder/quantum/etc, so if you are interested in
participating, don't hesitate to contact me, or report bugs via launchpad.

See ya !

Pierre Freund