[Openstack] Upcoming wiki migration to Mediawiki

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Dec 13 16:21:55 UTC 2012

Hi Lloyd,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 9:03 PM, Lloyd Dewolf <lloydostack at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Anne Gentle <anne at openstack.org> wrote:
>

>> tl;dr: Migration of wiki.openstack.org from MoinMoin to Mediawiki
>> commences 12/17.
>>

> Yeah for the standard of wikis and wiki markup ... I think :p
>

>> ... gives us licensed CC-By wiki content.
>>

> What's this last part mean?

We want to license wiki content, it is currently indicating an Apache 2.0
blanket license but that's not really accurate. We are narrowing the focus
to make the declaration more understandable and accurate.

> To this end, we have talked with the OpenStack Foundation board about
>> licensing all content CC-By, including the wiki, and they are amenable.]
>>

> We may want to go with people agreeing to make any code samples available
> under Apache 2.0 license. The equivalent project code license was my
> experience working on Mozilla projects, and still looks to be the case
> today, http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/legal.html

There aren't any code examples in the wiki that I know of. If you have
examples we can certainly find a way to indicate Apache 2.0 for code, I
don't find this problematic.

Anne