[Openstack] [Quantum] Quantum OVS Plugin doubt

Gary Kotton gkotton at redhat.com
Sun Dec 9 11:49:03 UTC 2012

Hi Trina,
I am not really sure that I understand your question. The Quantum
service marshals the API's to a plugin. The plugin is responsible for
providing the virtual network service. In the case of the OVS plugin the
ovs_quantum_plugin.py will treat the API calls. That means that it will
enable the user to perform CRUD operations on the following: networks,
subnets and ports. In order to do this it stores the values in a
persistent database.
The plugin has a layer 2 agent that performs the actual network
configuration.
Hope that this help.
Thanks
Gary