[Openstack] S3 Token

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at chmouel.com
Sat Dec 8 13:22:12 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm working on removing the swift+keystone middleware from keystone, we
have moved it already as keystoneauth since last OpenStack release into the
main swift repository.

One thing that left in keystone is the s3_token middleware. Since in
OpenStack/Swift we are not supporting third party API this could not be
moved there.

The options :

1) Keep s3token in keystone

2) Remove s3token from keystone and try to convince the swift3 maintainer
to integrate it.

3) Try to figure out if there is actually people using this and if not just
nuke it.

4) move s3token to its own repo on github somewhere.

i personally would vote for number three, I don't  think much people using
this (i.e: swift+keystone+s3) or at least I didn't hear many feedback about
the middleware.

Chmouel.