[Openstack] Why my vm often change into shut off status by itself?
hzwangpan at corp.netease.com
Thu Dec 6 04:48:54 UTC 2012
if the hypervisor is kvm, you can check the qemu log is there any exceptions, like /var/log/libvirt/qemu/instance-00000111.log
if Xen used, log file is at /var/log/xen/qemu-*.log
主题：Re: [Openstack] Why my vm often change into shut off status by itself?
收件人："Wangpan"<hzwangpan at corp.netease.com>
Thank you for answer.
My image is OK，after vm created, I can login my instance.
I have many virtual machines running (10+), generally after a few days(1+) a virtual machine automatic shutoff occurs.Yesterday, the situation becomes worse, suddenly all the virtual machines all shut off.I did not see anything unusual logs in nova (did not see the warning/error)
I use devstack , and nova version is(last commit):
* commit 3d418dcf860894523eff62a8338d09d58e994b0e
Merge: e76848a 8b4896b
Author: Jenkins <jenkins at review.openstack.org>
Date: Sun Nov 4 00:49:54 2012 +0000
Merge "handles empty dhcp_domain with hostname in metadata" into stable/folsom
And I do not upgrade nova.
2012/12/6 Wangpan <hzwangpan at corp.netease.com>
I guess may be your image of VMs is broken，so your VMs will shutoff after being created,
just a guess.
主题：[Openstack] Why my vm often change into shut off status by itself?
收件人："openstack"<openstack at lists.launchpad.net>
My virtual machine created, often in the absence of intervention into the stopped state:
pyw at ven-1:~/devstack$ virsh list --all
Id Name State
- instance-00000040 shut off
- instance-00000044 shut off
- instance-00000045 shut off
- instance-00000046 shut off
- instance-00000047 shut off
- instance-0000005b shut off
- instance-0000005e shut off
- instance-00000065 shut off
- instance-0000006e shut off
- instance-00000075 shut off
- instance-00000076 shut off
- instance-00000077 shut off
- instance-0000007c shut off
- instance-0000007d shut off
- instance-00000081 shut off
- instance-00000082 shut off
- instance-00000083 shut off
- instance-00000084 shut off
- instance-00000085 shut off
query the nova the database, you can see:
Why is this?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openstack