[Openstack] About the Role and User's rights

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Fri Aug 31 20:38:46 UTC 2012

Yes, but because those policy files are not standardized, exposed across projects, etc. you can do that in some projects but not others. The whole thing is inconsistent and I can tell you for a fact that "admin" is still hard-coded in lots of places. For the Folsom release it is not safe to say you can universally forego the name "admin" across the entire stack.

Part of the v3 Keystone API is rolling up and exposing those policy definitions so that we have a common endpoint for this critical component of RBAC. That didn't happen in Folsom, so we get to do it in Grizzly now. ;-)

-          Gabriel