[Openstack] Billing in Openstack

Rajesh Avula avula.rajesh07 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 10:21:14 UTC 2012

Greetings...!!

I would like to generate billing of used resources (CPU, RAM, Disk) in
openstack. Below are the details of my setup (Please ask me for more
details if require regarding setup)

Mainly I have used 2 system to make my setup, below are the details...

1. *On First Laptop *(Dell - Latitude, with 4 GB RAM, Intel Core i5 vpro
Processor, 500 GB Hard disk) I have installed a *virtual machine with
CentOS (6.2)* on *Xenserver (6.0.2)* and on that *virtual machine I
installed openstack* by following below links and some other links from
google

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_started_with_OpenStack_Nova
http://wiki.openstack.org/XenServer

2. *On Second Laptop* (same as above configuration) I have installed *openfiler
and made NFS and iSCSI targets* for glance, swift, and for instances.

3. For network I am using BELKIN wireless adapter 5 port L2-switch)

I am able to launch Instances from AMI's, instances are getting IP
addresses, able to create volumes and attaching to the instances.

All I need is, Is there any possibility in openstack where I can define the
values / prices for the resources so that users will get the bills
accordingly ?

Below are the packages installed in my setup for dashboard
python-django-horizon-2012.1.1-1.el6.noarch
openstack-dashboard-2012.1.1-1.el6.noarch

Is there any other packages should be installed to get billing option on
dashboard?
Any specific configuration required ?

Please let me know how to get billing information of the used / using
resources.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Rajesh Avula