[Openstack] Upgrading from devstack pre-F3/quantum v1/OVS to latest not going well :-(

Aaron Rosen arosen at nicira.com
Wed Aug 29 05:17:01 UTC 2012

Hi Syd,

Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any tools to upgrade the
ovs_quantum db to it's current format. That said, I don't believe it would
be that hard to write one to migrate your setup.

If you read though this page http://wiki.openstack.org/RunningQuantumV2Api it
gives an example of creating a network and boot vms on it. I'm
not familiar with horizon (maybe someone else who is can help you out).

One last thing. Are you running the latest devstack code? The v1 api code
has been removed from quantum so you can remove the following line from
rclocal NOVA_USE_QUANTUM_API=v2

I'd also suggest also removing this line since devstack can now configure
quantum to use keystone by default.

Q_AUTH_STRATEGY=noauth

Best,

Aaron