[Openstack] Question regarding who the nova database is updated

Heng Xu shouhengzhang.xu at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Aug 28 17:52:18 UTC 2012

Hi folks:
I was trying to add a new column to the Nova database table compute_nodes. however, I was not sure of how it is updated periodically, all I know is that comsume_from_instance() function in host_manager.py update the memory, then I was not able to find how nova subsequently update the compute_nodes table in the database. Any help will be appreciated, please let me know the exact location (file, function, etc.) and how I can mimc that to modify my own new field in the compute_nodes table. Thanks in advance.

Heng