[Openstack] HELP: All instances automatically rebooted.

Gabe Westmaas gabe.westmaas at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Aug 28 00:21:17 UTC 2012

Hey Sam,

Is it possible your hypervisors restarted?  I see this entry in the logs:

2012-08-23 06:35:02 INFO nova.compute.manager [req-f1598257-3f35-40e6-b5aa-d47a0e93bfba None None] [instance: ce00ff1d-cf46-44de-9557-c5a0f91c8d67] Rebooting instance after nova-compute restart.

Gabe

From: openstack-bounces+gabe.westmaas=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net [mailto:openstack-bounces+gabe.westmaas=rackspace.com at lists.launchpad.net] On Behalf Of Sam Su
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 8:10 PM
To: openstack
Subject: [Openstack] HELP: All instances automatically rebooted.

Hi,

I have an Essex cluster with 6 compute nodes and one control nodes. All compute nodes are working not any interrupted, for some reason all instances in my cluster automatically rebooted. I am trying to but not figured out why this happened in these couple of days.

It's much appreciated if someone can give me some hints about how to deal with this situation.

Logs in my /var/log/upstart/nova-compute.log:
http://pastebin.com/WYJtS5a5

Let me know if need more info.

TIA,
Sam