[Openstack] keystone questions

Joseph Heck heckj at me.com
Mon Aug 27 16:46:41 UTC 2012

Hi Pat,

On Aug 27, 2012, at 8:09 AM, pat <pat at xvalheru.org> wrote:
> I have two questions regarding OpenStack Keystone:
>
> Q1) The Folsom release supports domains. The domain can contain more tenants
> and tenant cannot be shared between domains. Is this right? I think so, but
> want to be sure.

I'm afraid it doesn't. We didn't make sufficient progress with the V3 API (which is what incorporates domains) to include that with the Folsom release. We expect this to be available with the grizzly release.

> Q2) Is it posible to have a “cluster” of the Keystones to avoid Keystone to be
> a bottleneck? If so, could you point me to a “tutorial”? Or did I missed
> something important?

If by "cluster" you mean multiple instances to handle requests, then absolutely - yes. For this particular response, I'll assume you're using a SQL backend for Keystone. Generally you maintain a single "database" - wether that's an HA cluster or a single instance, and any number of Keystone service instances can point to and use that.

-joe