[Openstack] how to configure network on controller with 2 nics ?

Yufang Zhang yufang521247 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 01:57:41 UTC 2012

Say, you have two nic on the host: eth0(public network) and eth1(private
network), and you use FlatDHCP for network configuration. All the instances
are in the private subnet. Then you should just add networks like:

nova-manage network create demonet 10.0.0.0/24 1 256
--bridge=demonetbr1 --bridge_interface=eth1

When nova create instances, a bridge called 'demoethbr1' is created and a
dhcp server is bind on it. The outbound network traffic of instances go out
via eth0(public network) of the host.