[Openstack] Default rules for the 'default' security group

Yufang Zhang yufang521247 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 12:43:10 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Could I ask how to set the default rules for the 'default' security group
for all the users in openstack? Currently, the 'default' security group has
no rule by default, thus newly created instances could only be accessed by
instances from the same group.

Is there any method to set default rules(such as ssh or icmp) for the
'default' security group for all users in openstack, so that I don't have
to remind the new users to modify security group setting the fist time they
logged into openstack and create instances?  I have ever tried HP could
which is built on openstack, they permit ssh or ping to the instances in
the 'default' security group.

Best Regards.

Yufang