[Openstack] Question on tests

Joshua Harlow harlowja at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Aug 23 00:31:47 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'm getting anvil to run tests and I was just wondering on a couple of tests I see there (the issues might be bugs?)

I have had to exclude the following since they error (when say swift isn't there, or memcache/ldap isn't there), should those instead be skipping themselves when there needed 3rd party libraries is not installed? Thoughts? That would seem more appropriate then errorring out (when those things really aren't core keystone…)

[
            # These 2 seem to require swift, not always installed...
            'test_swift_auth_middleware',
            'test_s3_token_middleware',
            # Aren't always installing memcache...
            'test_backend_memcache',
            # Oddness: 'unable to access signing dir /root/keystone-signing'
            'test_nomemcache',
            # Aren't always installing ldap...
            'test_backend_ldap',
]

This running: http://pastebin.com/3Aaz4iLC

To accomplish this new feature if u want to try it on RHEL6+ (getting ubuntu back in shape for the core components that anvil is supporting)…

$ sudo ./smithy -a install
….
$ sudo ./smithy -p conf/personas/solo/keystone.yaml -a test
…

That Is It :-P

-Josh