[Openstack] VM can't ping self floating IP after a snapshot is taken

Oleg Gelbukh ogelbukh at mirantis.com
Wed Aug 22 19:50:24 UTC 2012

Hello,

Is it possible that, during snapshotting, libvirt just tears down virtual
interface at some point, and then re-creates it, with hairpin_mode disabled
again?
This bugfix [https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/933640] implies that fix
works on spawn of instance. This means that upon resume after snapshot,
hairpin is not restored. May be if we insert the _enable_hairpin() call in
snapshot procedure, it helps.
We're currently investigating this issue in one of our environments, hope
to come up with answer by tomorrow.

--
Best regards,
Oleg