[Openstack] sort_key and sort_dir for collections based REST APIs

Gabriel Hurley Gabriel.Hurley at nebula.com
Mon Aug 20 18:42:26 UTC 2012

For two summits running I've been advocating the need for a common standard of functionality for all OpenStack APIs (things like sorting, bulk operations, filtering, pagination, etc.). I intend to push on the issue even harder this time around at the Grizzly summit (I'm going to propose an entire working session on it).

It's one of those problems that simply *cannot* be solved one project at a time. The community needs to agree, and then the projects need to implement the solutions over time.

      - Gabriel