[Openstack] A Step-by-Step Guide to Deploying OpenStack on CentOS Using the KVM Hypervisor and GlusterFS Distributed File System

David Busby d.busby at saiweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 09:08:05 UTC 2012

Hi Anton,

For a strait gluster vs native; sysbench (
http://sysbench.sourceforge.net/docs/#fileio_mode also available from epel
for el6 http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=262308)  may
be able to show some insight into guest I/O performance; over an extended
period of time.

Potentially you could then look at concurrency by running sysbench on
multiple guests to gauge degradation of performance due to concurrent I/O
across nodes (if any exists), here I'd be particularly curious if high I/O
on one compute node, due to replication caused a performance "hit" on
another node.

Regards

David