[Openstack] Horizon: controlling table appearance

LifeOn2 Development lifeon2development at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 15:46:25 UTC 2012

Hello All,

I am currently looking into how the appearance of tables in the
Horizon UI is controlled, more specifically the "Instances" table in
Project->Instances & Volumes. What I am trying to accomplish is to
control for which content combinations of the "Status" and "Task"
cells a certain row is rendered with the pale yellow background and
the spinner animation in the "Task" cell or not.

Reasonably information about row state (including when to show the
spinner and yellow or not) is passed in the Ajax data for the row sent
from nova. I have looked into the contents of the Ajax data sent, but
have not been able to distinguish any data that would seem to control
this row appearance.

So, if anybody could point me to the mechanism that regulates this
aspect of row appearance, it would be super!

Many Thanks,
Fredric