[Openstack] Discussion about where to put database for bare-metal provisioning (review 10726)

Alex Glikson GLIKSON at il.ibm.com
Wed Aug 15 16:04:04 UTC 2012

Can you elaborate what is the purpose of this database?
If we compare it to KVM support, the 'primary' location of VMs' metadata
is in libvirt internal store (outside of Nova), and then it is cached in
Nova DB, for Nova purposes.
A similar approach might make for bare-metal machines too -- keep
'primary' metadata store outside of Nova, and a cache in Nova DB.

Regards,
Alex