[Openstack] Best practices for non persistent vm management

Romain Vrignaud rvrignaud at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 14:34:14 UTC 2012

Hello everybody,

I'm currently trying to find a more robust way to manage the virtualization
in my company than using
directly libvirt and kvm.

I'm following with great interest the Openstack development but there is
still a point that is very scary to
me : the non persistency of VM. I understand that is a very different way
than managing classical virtualisation
with persistent data like we could do with project live oVirt.

Is there any resource (white paper, blog, etc) that indicates best
practices to migrate from classical virtualisation
to cloud way ?
What does that impact really, the workflow changes. If this is to be handle
at system level or application level and so
on.

I realize that it is a very large question but I think that I'm not the
only one to be disturbed.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Romain