[Openstack] [Dashboard] Multi-region support in Horizon?

Yufang Zhang yufang521247 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 10:28:25 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'd like to use horizon to manage clusters in multiple data
centers(regions).  Currently, horizon supports multi-region by means of
deploying one keystone service for each region. Thus we have to manage
multiple keystone services for all the regions(creating users or projects,
etc.), which doesn't make sense. Should it be better to allow users to
choose service endpoints(nova or glance) according to region name? At
least, novaclient works as this way: you can provide region name(via
--os_region_name option) as a filter to select nova service endpoint to
access, so that we could deploy just one keystone service to manage
services on different regions. Or is there any better workaround?

Best Regards.

Yufang