[Openstack] [Quantum] Removing quantum-rootwrap

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Aug 14 08:54:14 UTC 2012

Dan Wendlandt wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Vishvananda Ishaya
> <vishvananda at gmail.com <mailto:vishvananda at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     This is up to dan, I suppose, but the rootwrap stuff seems like
>     something worth granting a ffe to…
>

> I wasn't going to mention it, as the urgency of a nearby deadline can be
> helpful :)
>
> But yes, I'd grant an ffe to something this important, especially
> because it applies across all uses of quantum.

On one hand it's a change that impacts almost all use cases, so
definitely not something that is simple or self-contained. On the other,
it's quite easy to trace back issues to this. In summary, if it's the
only exception in Quantum, it's not really a problem :)

[warning: a trick is included in the last paragraph]

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack