[Openstack] Cannot reach VMs via floating IP from hosts other than the one running the VM

Joshua Buss joshua.buss at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 15:39:16 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm having a very similar issue as the fellow who made this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/933640

..but my problem is the exact opposite.  I can reach my VMs via the public
IPs if I'm on the host that runs the VM - but I cannot reach the VMs via
public IPs from any other computer on my network.  I've detailed the issue
on this pastebin, including iptables output and the like, and the fact that
my arp tables are updating properly:  http://pastebin.com/Wyh16Pys

I've been stuck like this for a week now with no one in IRC able to help.
If you have ANY ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks in advance!