[Openstack] The Return of Hyper-V

Peter Pouliot ppouliot at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 13 15:26:10 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone,

I would like to take this moment to make everyone aware of the following:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/11276/

I would like to thank the following individuals, who have given so much to help this project progress to this state.  Without their efforts this project would be dead in the water.

Jordan Rinke: Thank you for doing the original work to bring back base Essex functionality and   your effort help jump start this community and for that I am grateful.  You are one of the original champions of Hyper-V.

Alessandro Pilotti (CloudBase Solutions):  Thank you for all the tremendous amount of code you produced.   We would not have the feature set, unit tests or the Folsom integration without the many hours you graciously contributed to the project.   I am truly grateful for the effort  you produced.   At times I thought this project was going to fail.  Without your effort it most certainly would have.

Pedro Navarro Perez:  Thank you reaching out to me at the OpenStack summit and being the first hyper-v community member.   Your efforts on Volume Attach/Detach and boot from volume are greatly appreciated.  Thank you for the collaboration with other members to test, troubleshoot and advance our efforts.  Your  effort over this weekend helping Alessandro to this point was necessary for this submission to occur.

Jose Castro Leon:  Jose, thank you for  your assistance testing.    Given all that is going on these days at CERN, you still found time to help us test Hyper-V.

To Vish, Monty and Stef, thank you for all of your guidance in this process.   Hopefully because of your help and wisdom it will be a quick and painless approval and integration process.

And last and most importantly:
To Hashir Abdi, my colleague at Microsoft.   I am grateful for you believing in this project.  From the early days in the Interop lab, you saw the true potential.   Thank you for the hours you have spent making sure that this project progressed forward.   We have busy days ahead.

Once again, thank you everyone for your assistance.

Peter J. Pouliot, CISSP
Senior SDET, OpenStack

Microsoft
New England Research & Development Center
One Memorial Drive,Cambridge, MA 02142
PPOULIOT at microsoft.com<mailto:PPOULIOT at microsoft.com> | Tel: +1(857) 453 6436