[Openstack] Documenting libvirt live migration

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Mon Aug 13 00:27:49 UTC 2012

It recently came up on the mailing list that nova does not use libvirt's live migration functionality when implementing what it calls "live migration".

I took a shot at documenting this, as well as documenting how to enable it. However, there was some concern about the possibility of race conditions with libvirt live migration that could prevent it from ever terminating. I'd appreciate some feedback on just what we should put in the docs about this, since I don't have any particular expertise in this area.

Proposed doc addition: https://review.openstack.org/11172

Take care,

Lorin
--