[Openstack] Nova ignores nova.conf

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Sun Aug 12 04:31:58 UTC 2012

On Aug 10, 2012, at 6:07 AM, Mark McLoughlin <markmc at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-08-10 at 00:23 -0900, Simon Walter wrote:
>> Nova does not respect the options set in the /etc/nova/nova.conf file.
>> I've seen some examples with "--" prefixing the flags, as if they are
>> command line arguments. I've also seen examples without.
>>
>> I've tried removing the "--", that does nothing.
>>
>> Specifically, I've set
>> --flat_network_bridge=br0
>> --fixed_range=10.0.3.0/24
>> --flat_network_dhcp_start=10.0.3.1
>>
>> I always get a br100 created with an IP address of 10.0.2.33
>>
>> This is really annoying. If I empty the /etc/nova/nova.conf nothing gets
>> created.
>>
>> I've greped all sorts of places for "defaults", but come up blank.
>
> If nova is being run with --config-file, then the syntax is
>
>  [DEFAULT]
>  flat_network_bridge=br0
>
> OTOH, if it is being run with --flagfile, the syntax is:
>
>  --flat_network_bridge=br0

I assumed that the nova-* services were auto-deteting the nova.conf format. When I run on Ubuntu, the default nova.conf file is in the deprecated flag file format, but I just edited the nova.conf file to use the new ini-style format, and everything seemed to just work.

Take care,

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein