[Openstack] jcloud has a conneciton pool?

chaohua wang chwang718 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 20:14:13 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

I am working on Jcloud and Openstack. We have application(using jcloud) to
connect Hp cloud service.

But for each request to HP cloud service, we created  restContext
(RestContext<NovaApi, NovaAsyncApi> restContext =
computeContext.unwrap();),
then get NovaAPi (  NovaApi novaApi = restContext.getApi();). once task is
finished, we closed restContext, so this is not efficient. since each
request to create restconects, then closed once job is done.
There is any way to reuse this restContext and NoavaApi? do i need to build
a connection pool to reuse it? I am not sure originally why engineers did
in this way. it may for security reason since each request we ask token
from service.

Thank you,

Chwang