[Openstack] [Quantum] Removing quantum-rootwrap

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Aug 10 15:38:52 UTC 2012

jrd at redhat.com wrote:
> Apologies for the not-very coherent description.  Please let me know
> if you think I'm off in the weeds or missing important bits.

One other thing I spotted when I evaluated how broken quantum-rootwrap
was is at quantum/agent/linux/dhcp.py:181 where a command is called with
environment set. That works with sudo but rootwrap clears the
environment. This call therefore needs a specific filter (and probably
never worked with rootwrap).

There is one filter defined for dnsmasq (the DnsmasqFilter which is
defined at quantum/rootwrap/filters.py:71) but it sets a slightly
different set of env variables. So it might need to be adapted (or the
call adjusted).

Hope this helps.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)