[Openstack] Manually attaching iSCSI volume to an instance

Samuel Winchenbach swinchen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 13:58:52 UTC 2012

Hi,

I believe I am a "victim" of this bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1001088  ( I can not seem to find
the fix that was committed )

After rebooting my volumes are not restored and they become stuck in
the "in-use" state.

Is there a way to manually restore the volumes?  Using tgt-admin I
verified that the target exists, I used iscsiadm to login, and
verified that created a device node.  Here is a log showing what I
just mentioned:
http://paste2.org/p/2101666

And here is a document I created showing my general setup, including
nova.conf.  (I didn't include glance, or keystone configs because they
seem to be working fine):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pkwGa22OfATp62hVGYR3jWTEbhQVyHIpwOJgaSrbQ7M/edit

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,
Sam