[Openstack] Nova Compute and Drivers

Trinath Somanchi trinath.somanchi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 11:56:13 UTC 2012

Hi-

Explaining my doubt clearly...

from the web based documentation from
http://openvswitch.org/openstack/documentation/

In the Nova Network NODE nova.conf configuration,

linuxnet_interface_driver=nova.network.linux_net.LinuxOVSInterfaceDriver

and in the Nova Compute Node nova.conf configuration,

libvirt_vif_driver=nova.virt.libvirt.vif.LibvirtOpenVswitchDriver

Both the drivers have OVS based plug and unplug functions.

What is the role of these drivers in bringing up the VMs....

Kindly help me understand this...

thanking you...

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM, Trinath Somanchi <trinath.somanchi at gmail.com

--