[Openstack] A series of blog posts on OpenStack networking details

Eugene Kirpichov ekirpichov at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 18:50:18 UTC 2012

Hello community,

I'd like to advertise that me and my colleague Piotr Siwczak at
Mirantis have started a series of blog posts explaining the gory
details of OpenStack networking.

http://www.mirantis.com/tag/networking/

So far we have two posts:

http://www.mirantis.com/blog/openstack-networking-flatmanager-and-flatdhcpmanager/
- basics of FlatManager and FlatDHCPManager in multi-host mode.

http://www.mirantis.com/blog/openstack-networking-single-host-flatdhcpmanager/
- extremely detailed account of FlatDHCPManager in single-host mode;
down to a walkthrough of L2 packet flow for several scenarios. I wrote
this post in revenge for my own struggles when I dreamt "if only
someone had described in extreme detail how it is *supposed* to work"
but was not able to find anything like that :)

A few more will appear soon: two posts from Piotr on VLANManager,
eventually also analyzing the packet flow.

(me and Peter have slightly different styles: he prefers to cover
details across several posts while I prefer to write a huge post with
all the details at once)

Comments and especially corrections are extremely welcome! [and, well,
shares too :) ]

--
Eugene Kirpichov
http://www.linkedin.com/in/eugenekirpichov