[Openstack] keystone and ssl ?

Joseph Heck heckj at me.com
Fri Aug 3 17:54:13 UTC 2012

The basic support for SSL has been readded to Keystone earlier this release cycle, alough theres still a few pieces trickling through the pipeline (recent updates to keystone client to allow for self-signed certs).

It needs testing, and I dont know that we yet have good deployment option docs (there are several options there) on how to deploy keystone with SSL.

The option to use a signed SSL cert as an authenticated "administrative" request itself has not been re-added, instead there was more interest from developers doing the code to focus on getting a base PKI implementation to allow for generically signed tokens in this release.

- joe