[Openstack] os-create-server-ext and use

Trinath Somanchi trinath.somanchi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 10:48:19 UTC 2012

Hi-

While going through the source code of Openstack Nova,

I have seen this comment,

We support two approaches to determining vNICs:
                - By default, a VM gets a vNIC for any network belonging
                  to the VM's project, and a vNIC for any "global" network
                  that has a NULL project_id.  vNIC order is determined
                  by the network's 'priority' field.
                - *If the 'os-create-server-ext' was used to create the VM,
                  only the networks in 'requested_networks' are used to
                  create vNICs, and the vNIC order is determiend by the
                  order in the requested_networks array.*

Can any one help me understand on how the second case will come in
determining the vNICs of VM while creating VM from Horizon.

Thanking you...

--
Regards,