[Openstack] Swift account listing

Gregory Holt z-launchpad at brim.net
Thu Aug 2 21:07:24 UTC 2012

On Aug 2, 2012, at 2:45 PM, Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev at redhat.com> wrote:

> The point is to use Swift itself _and_ Keystone, in order to find
> discrepancies or "orphan" accounts. I ended using listdir for now,
> since our installation is very small, so directories fit in memory.
> [.......]
> I have a feeling though that I must be reinventing the bicycle here.
> Surely someone, somewhere, have written a Swift consistency checker
> before.
>
> -- Pete

We do something pretty similar with Rackspace Cloud Files, though we don't use Keystone but Rackspace's Auth. Same basic principle though. Collect account "stats" from all the storage boxes and upload them as csv files into the cluster itself. External jobs grab the csvs and process them however they see fit (double-checking against auth, etc.)

Part of it (John Dickinson's Slogging Project):
https://github.com/notmyname/slogging/blob/master/slogging/db_stats_collector.py