[Openstack] Preventing OpenStack from allocating some floating ips?

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 20:20:46 UTC 2012

The create command via cidr is just a convienience to create a bunch of floating ips at once, floating ips are actually individual entries in the db. It should skip the network and gateway addressses by default, but it is perfectly acceptable to delete individual addresses with

nova-manage floating delete 10.243.30.17 (for example)

You need to leave off the /XX to specify a single address.

Vish