[Openstack] Inbound connectivity and FlatDHCP networking

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at seas.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 2 17:55:41 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 09:24:56AM -0700, Vishvananda Ishaya wrote:
> It isn't explicitly that way, but it is the easiest setup. It is
> possible to set up fixed ips that are accessible/routable from
> outside but there are a lot of gotchas

Got it.

> The snatting rule is created exclusively from fixed_range, so right
> now fixed_range must contain all created fixed networks.

Thanks, that clears up a mystery!  We've now got inbound networking
operating correctly, although it did require us to fiddle around with
some policy routing rules to get traffic going to the right gateway.
I'm going to write up some details and post it here later.

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu>       |
Senior Technologist                                | http://ac.seas.harvard.edu/