[Openstack] Cells Status

Chris Behrens cbehrens at codestud.com
Thu Aug 2 07:49:32 UTC 2012

I found time to update the branch with the latest code tonight:

https://github.com/comstud/nova/tree/cells_service

I put a review up here as a WIP also:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/10707/

I reviewed what's changed since the last update… and it was essentially:

Rebase against master… resolving things that had moved to openstack-common
Push bandwidth usage updates to top level API cell.
Push instance metadata updates to top level API cell (though I don't think they would change in a child cell)
instance system metadata syncing with instance updates
Better delete instance handling
Removed broken near/far filter which could have potential DoS issues, until it can be redone

Looks like I might have lost some code cleanups I had done previously… and I'll restore those asap.  The cells code as it is in the above branch is what's now running in a production environment and working… but there's still some edge cases of issues and doesn't support things like security groups and host aggregates.

I'll give an update tomorrow about trying to land this in folsom… but I'll probably be posting it at the new dev list: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org

- Chris