[Openstack] Example horizon customization module?

Michael Still michael.still at canonical.com
Thu Aug 2 02:30:53 UTC 2012

On 01/08/12 17:43, Atul Jha wrote:
> Mikal,
>
> If you meant customizing the UI
> http://docs.openstack.org/developer/horizon/topics/customizing.html
>
> The link will help.

Yep, that's how I ended up deciding I wanted a customization module.
>From that page:

"If you wish to alter dashboards or panels which are not part of your
codebase, you can specify a custom python module which will be loaded
after the entire Horizon site has been initialized, but prior to the
URLconf construction. This allows for common site-customization
requirements such as:

    Registering or unregistering panels from an existing dashboard.
    Changing the names of dashboards and panels.
    Re-ordering panels within a dashboard or panel group."

However, the page only shows you how to pass such a module in the config
file -- I can't find an example of a module upon which to base mine.

So, has anyone else done this? Do you have an example customization
module you'd be willing to share?

Thanks,
Mikal