[Openstack] Virtual machines are not getting ip

Alessandro Tagliapietra tagliapietra.alessandro at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 09:20:05 UTC 2012

Il giorno 01/ago/2012, alle ore 10:01, Sébastien Han <han.sebastien at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Are you using multi_host option?

Yes, on both nova.conf and network created with nova-manage

> What is your nova network manager?

I'm using nova.network.manager.FlatDHCPManager

> More info about your setup could be useful…

This is my nova.conf: http://pastie.org/4370363

Eth2 is a tun/tap device, bridged this way:

br100           8000.ea5bece85e4e       no              eth2
                                                                                     vnet0
virbr0          8000.000000000000       yes

Btw, i've found the solution, this problem happens when using kernel > 3.2, i've updated to 3.4 and 3.5 from ubuntu ppa to get O_DIRECT in fuse and after the update the vm wasn't able to get the ip, switching back to mainline 3.2.0 kernel the vm is able to get the ip again.
Wondering what happens when ubuntu will update the kernel.

Best