[Openstack] Virtual machines are not getting ip

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wolfgang.hennerbichler at risc-software.at
Wed Aug 1 07:47:55 UTC 2012

On 08/01/2012 09:25 AM, Alessandro Tagliapietra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> please help, this thing is getting me crazy. The vm starts fine but i get:
>
>> cloud-init-nonet waiting 120 seconds for a network device.
>> cloud-init-nonet gave up waiting for a network device.
>> ci-info: lo    : 1 127.0.0.1       255.0.0.0       .
>> ci-info: eth0  : 1 .               .               fa:16:3e:56:2c:9c
>> route_info failed
>>   * Stopping Handle applying cloud-config[74G[ OK ]
>> Waiting for network configuration...
>> Waiting up to 60 more seconds for network configuration...
>> Booting system without full network configuration…
>

> so no dhcp, but using tcpdump i see this output:
>
> http://pastie.org/4369949
>
> and it seems ok to me.
> What else can be?

it's usually dnsmasq refusing about something. check /var/log/syslog on
ubuntu if that happens to be your host-OS.

> Best

DI (FH) Wolfgang Hennerbichler
Software Development
Unit Advanced Computing Technologies
RISC Software GmbH
A company of the Johannes Kepler University Linz

IT-Center
Softwarepark 35
4232 Hagenberg
Austria