[Openstack] New Mailing List for Python OpenStack Client

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:07:39 UTC 2012

On 04/30/2012 01:03 PM, Python OpenStack Client wrote:
> Hello Jay Pipes,
>
> A new mailing list has been created for Python OpenStack Client (python-
> openstackclient).

Please, no! We already have too many mailing lists IMHO. If we want
developers and operators and people interested in client tooling to have
a full view of the OpenStack ecosystem, creating yet more mailing lists
inhibits the sharing of behaviour among related community members.

I made the point at the summit in one of the DevOps sessions that having
a separate mailing list for operators actually *discourages* the
behaviour that DevOps espouses: that developers and operators need to
communicate better so that developers understand the problem areas that
operators deal with on a daily basis. Having a separate mailing list for
operators that many devs are not subscribed to discourages this
knowledge sharing.

Same for this new client mailing list, IMHO.

I think it would be better to post to the main mailing list with "[CLI]
XXX" subject headers...

Best,
-jay