[Openstack] Energy efficiency

hitesh wadekar hitesh.wadekar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 16:56:38 UTC 2012

Hi Szymon,

This is a really great that you are working for energy efficiency
datacenter. whatever the topics you mentioned that really affects for
efficient data center. I would like to add some points on this. You should
consider Quantum project to deploy and research for datacenter. Distributed
networks play an important role in the data center. May be you can consider
OpenVswitch + OpenStack-Quantum+ OpenStack-Nova combination infrastructure.

Here are some news that I came across, Clarkson University is going to
build energy efficient datacenter at near New York. You can see this news
at
http://northcountrynow.com/business/clarkson-takes-partners-develop-efficient-data-centers-050575.
As far as I know that Prof. Jeanna Matthews is working for it.

I am not sure whether they are doing this for OpenStack Cloud. But, You can
ask them what exactly they are doing. You can contact these persons, they
might redirect you to respective person. I am putting them in CC

1. Dr. Todd Deshane,
2. Mr. Patrick wilbur

For Quantum, may be Dan Wendlandt and me can help you to see what parameter
you should consider for distributed network Data Center.

Its really great that somebody working on OpenStack efficient Data Center.

In the mean time, If I find some articles on it then I will forward to you.

Thanks,
Hitesh Wadekar