[Openstack] Checking InnoDB table creation as part of unit tests for nova

Sean Dague sdague at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Apr 27 19:13:39 UTC 2012

I've got a patch out for review that opportunistically tests the nova
migrations on mysql, if a very specific mysql database name/password/db
exists on the test system (fails gracefully if it doesn't). It then also
checks to make sure that there are no "non-InnoDB" tables in the
resultant migration (also failing gracefully if there isn't). We did a
couple of draft reviews with the CI team to make sure this was something
they could support as a gating test. This would prevent new migrations
that don't specify engine from sneaking in.

I'd like feedback from Nova devs on the approach -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/6805/
comments, flames, etc are welcome.

Thanks,

	-Sean